Tuesday 3 June 2014

Mud, Mud, Glorious Mud


Hi All,

It's Pam again this week, as I'm sure most of you have guessed apart from Mastershoe-Myshu my life revolves around my dogs.  I currently have an Italian Spinone and a Clumber Spaniel, whilst my parents have more of the same breeds, we show (including Crufts for the past few years) and I train at agility (we are nowhere near competing but we have fun at training and they both really enjoy it).  I am afraid my obsession with my canine friends means that most of my blogs are taken from my experiences and days out with them, and of course the shoes that go with them :)



OK so I know it was a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately I think the weather from the Bank Holiday weekend is going to be with us a bit more this year than last year so I thought I may as well tell you about my Bank Holiday weekend.  What did you do over the May Bank Holiday?... I went to a dog show at Bath which was...challenging to say the least.  I was meant to go down to Devon County Show on the Thursday before but I'll be honest I took 1 look at the weather forecast and chickened out, came into work instead and boy am I glad I did.  I was speaking to friends over the weekend that followed and apart from the headline news that they had had to cancel the show on Saturday due to the car parks becoming to dangerous I had one friend that had to be towed ON to the site on the Thursday, my poor little car just wouldn't have coped.



I love Devon County Show, it's got all my favorite things in 1 place, dog show, agricultural show, fun fair and of course SHOPPING! I'm a bit of an addict.  BUT..at Devon County you park on a field, I have a little 2 wheel drive automatic which is a dream to drive but does not cope with muddy fields very well.  Which is how we come to my Bank Holiday weekend, the Saturday of the Bank Holiday weekend was Bath Championship Show, lovely and local only a half hour drive apposed to the 2-3 hour drives of normal but also on top of a hill at the mercy of the weather.....and parking in a field.




Saturday dawned the dogs are all ready to go, we're all ready to go, and it starts pouring with rain!! Time for plan B.  Quick change into the trusty Kanyon boots (wellies in the car as well just in case), waterproofs donned and a car change, borrowed the 'Red Beast' my parents 4x4, not so I could get out of a muddy field if needed, no it was so I could pull them out the field if their van if it got stuck.  As we pulled up to the turning the weather was awful, it was torrential rain and there was already a car stuck at the entrance and being pushed off.....even if it was for their benefit I was soooo glad I had the Red Beast, in we went and parked up, not stuck yet :)  Get out the car and......squelch!! The ground was soaking, it had thankfully momentarily stopped raining but was already really muddy especially the entrance, honestly I don't know how I coped before Kanyons,  I saw all manner of footwear on my way in from wellies and boots like mine to Crocs?? Yes seriously there were people wearing Crocs, but I suppose it doesn't matter if they get wet and muddy, they are dead easy to clean off afterwards.  Once inside the showground was a completely different kettle of fish, with no cars chewing the ground up although wet there was no mud and I could change into my Skechers Go Walk Everydays which are fab for showing in with no worries about getting covered in mud.

Skechers Go Walk Everyday

We had quite a good day, the dogs all did well and although it was a bit chilly and definitely wet there was a great atmosphere.  My Skechers Go Walks kept me comfy all day, I think they are possibly the comfiest mary jane style shoes I've ever owned.  The cushioning underfoot is great and the support (I have quite a high arch) they give is perfect, you can feel it but it doesn't feel hard and uncomfortable like some supports.  They have great grip, there was no slipping for me on the wet grass and they're stretchy so as your feet warms up through the day and swell slightly they stretch with them, then it was back to the car park.



An old picture but this is how to turn a white dog brown
There had been news filtering back to the showground all day the car park was getting worse, people were being pulled out by the tractor, there was no way I was wearing my lovely Skechers through that mud, plus they're not waterproof and I don't like wet feet so back out with the Kanyons....it was a quagmire!!  'When we walked out of the showground we had white dogs by the time we got to the car and van they were half brown and caked in mud'.  Not that they minded and we were actually REALLY lucky with the parking, I hadn't realised earlier but somehow we'd managed to get a space right in front of the gravel track that ran round the edge of the field so straight off the field and away we went.  The rest of my weekend was pretty uneventful, lazy days with the dogs, quick walks trying to avoid the showers and no more mud!


Till next time....
Pam
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment