Wednesday 9 July 2014

Glastonbury 2014

Hey everyone so after the glorious summer weather over the last couple of weeks and our last post on everyones personal taste on sandals.  I’ve had a bit of a reality check while I took a break in the Glastonbury mudfest.  I met up with old friends and had an all round had a great time!  If you’ve never been to Glastonbury then you should definitely consider it. I only went for the Sunday and as a first timer I can honestly say it was a great experience.  I decided to go with a pair of hiking boots for the day as I have weird feet and the less said about them the better, but I’ve never seen such mass support for a single brand, Hunter Wellies were everywhere. The festival itself is like a giant tribute to the guys! It like they’re unofficial sponsors so they’re doing something right and surprisingly a lot of the girl I spoke to were actually wearing kids wellies, so I guess that’s one way to save a little extra spending money!

Hunter Wellies at Glastonbury 2014
So what was everyone like? Well, Dolly Parton has since offered to adopt a dog as you do. It was left by someone in a tent, it’s horrible stuff but to be fair as Pam mentioned in the office this morning, I think it just needs a good home with a good family and somewhere local.  Whatever the situation as to whether or not she really sung it’s nice to hear people care.  Personally I wasn’t anywhere near the front, so I couldn’t say either way but none the less I did enjoy the show.  Bon Jovi’s, Richie Sambora even joined her towards at the end of the set for a rendition of Lay your Hands on Me which was great to see.  Kasabian really looked liked they enjoyed themselves as well as they closed the main stage.  For me though the real highlight was Ellie Goulding, Ellie was superb, you could feel the passion as the singer sung and danced her way through her set, she really was electric. 

Shangri La was something else as well, if anything, the quality of the set was of the sort of standard you’d expect in a full on film with trains and cars coming out of building, it looked insane! 

If I get the opportunity next year I’ll definitely be going back for the whole week however.  I loved the look of the Tipis as well, for the space they look perfect for a family.   Given the price however I think I’d rather just take a tent and slum it with the rest of the commoners.  The one thing I would do differently however is to arrange going with a couple of friends, and getting a helicopter there.  Is that extreme?  Maybe, but if you can fill one up you might be surprised.  I’d heard through the grapevine that if you fill a six seater then you’ll probably be looking at around £100 per person.   I’d do that just for the ride but if you don’t like queuing I imagine it’d save you hours!

Imagine it, your cruising through the sky taking in the sheer scale of the occasion and as the pilot prepares to land the crowd skips a breathe in anticipation, the sea of people parts excitedly with their camera ready for something special, William and Kate, Beyonce, you could be anyone..  and out you step with your friends in your new Original Hunters in a cacophony of colours to a flurry of cameras flashing in your face.  Ok, so it might be a bit of an anti-climax after the crowds look at you puzzled for a couple of minutes but just wear some big glasses with a hat and if you’re lucky they’ll just confuse you for the latest celeb.   Sorry I got a bit carried away with that last bit but it would definitely be a great bit of fun.  Either and it’s an incredible festival.   So to sign of, If you haven’t been, go and just make sure you remember your Hunters, ‘cause Hunters are cool! 

Cheers,

Glen


No comments:

Post a Comment