Friday 12 June 2015

Top 5 Mens Summer Shoes

Vans Aunthentic Trainers

As the warm summer evenings start to grow over at Mastershoe HQ we thought it time to start embracing the latest summer footwear.

I haven’t braved the flip flops to much this year so far as even when there has been a little sun it’s normally been accompanied by it annoying little friend (A.K.A the wind). All too often I’ve gotten up in the morning all excited by the glorious rays of warm embracing heat only to step outside the door before quickly retreating to the wardrobe for a few adjustments.

Following up from our post at the start of the week about a typical day in the office I braved the weather on Tuesday and wore my shorts and flip flops to the office, only be rewarded by spending the majority of the morning shivering in the corner! By lunchtime I was eyeing up my fleecy winter trousers. It’s fair to say I’m, a bit of a wimp with the cold. That isn’t because I don’t like the outdoors, I love it.. a walk in the hills or a stroll along the beach in the rain, it's great fun but if it isn’t too nice on the weather front then I like to be prepared and I like to be cosy. I am also proud to say I’ve finally put away my fleecy winter Wranglers. They’ve served me well for the past 6 months, I’ve broken them in. I’ve aged them and I feel they finally have a bit of a story behind them now and for less than £60 I'm delighted with the overall quality. They are a little worn and beaten but then that’s how I like my general everyday boots and they still have plenty of life in them.

TOMS Shoes and espadrilles Now I’m starting to look to the summer and this is the first year I’ve started to embrace the espadrilles look. I’ve always been a bit unsure of the TOM’s style and I think they are a bit of a marmite shoe but alongside the flip flop they’re perfect for summer use. You don’t need the socks, they’re breathable and I’ve been pretty impressed with their overall level of comfort.

So without further due here’s my top 5 men’s summer style compilation. Check it out. Let me know your thoughts and who knows maybe buy your dad a pair for father day next week, because after all everyone wants to look good.
K-Swiss Belmont in White Bone Reef - Rover Flip Flop - Grey Yellow - Mens
Timberland - Classic Boat - Rootbeer Brown Red - Mens TOMS - Classics Canvas - Olive Green - Mens Vans-Authentic-RumbaRed So coming in at number 5. We have the K-Swiss Belmont in White Bone. This classic style from the American Heritage sports brand is clean, simple and effective and will be perfect for a spot of summer tennis on a warm weekend.

In at Number 4 we have THE summer sandal. Made by Reef, the brand that lives for the beach these sandals have bundles of comfort and when it comes to the footbed, there's nothing else I’d rather have on my feet on a relaxing day by the pool. Plus when they have a built in bottle opener like the Fanning, seriously what more would you need?!

TOMS Classics Canvas make the podium in third place and these overly simple shoes are great for warm summer evenings. Maybe they’re better suited to the foreign climates, they still do a great job and even better is that every pair of shoes you buy means you’re also giving a pair to someone that needs them.

That leads us to the top 2. In second place is the Deck shoe. This style’s synonymous with the summer season. They’re suitable for warm sunny days on the beach, afternoons on the ocean, they do it all and with the stylish leather uppers they are just as suitable with jeans as they are with your swim shorts. We stock Chatham as well but my choice is the Timberland - Classic Boat Shoe in Rootbeer Brown.

That leaves us with the number 1 summer shoe for 2015, It’s bright, its clean and it’s bloody cool we’ve gone for the Vans Authentic. I don’t know anyone whose ever regretted owning a pair of these. On top of that everyone I know who has owned a pair has often owned 2 or 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment